Thursday, September 29, 2011

get me to the bosques!

Have I mentioned how everything in BsAs shuts down on sundays? It's like it's a small town, except that it's a city filled to the brim with people. And where do all the people who aren't working go on sundays? to the park! on sundays, the parks are full of people settled down for a picnic, a run, some mate, suntanning, anything to be outside. sunday is the day to spend time with family and friends. I have several argentine friends here who seem to have similar routines of having weekly lunches with their relatives in the city. My favorite place to go is definitely "Los Bosques del Palermo" where we went this weekend.


side note: I was robbed today. I feel like it was inevitable; almost. It's that it's just so common here and I think that had I not already been told so many stories and been told to watch out so many times, it would have shaken me up much more. It's ok, really! But oh Argentina, why'd you have to go and do that?! 


Heading out to the northern region of Argentina to visit Salta/Jujuy tomorrow. Chau!


Maddy made cake! I was still a bit sick, so naranja-limon juice sounded like a good idea. 





la guarniciรณn had to be patagonia berries, obvio.

Maddy at our little place by the pond

In Argentina, you have two options when it comes to buying/ordering water: agua sin gas or con gas. Today i decided to opt for MAS gas. Reloco, i tell you.


Ready for more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment